Career Consultant, Neurodiversity In The Workplace
Position Title: Career Consultant, Neurodiversity In The WorkplaceTM
Reports to: Director, Neurodiversity In The WorkplaceTM
Location(s): Remote / Flexible
FLSA status: Exempt
Neurodiversity In The Workplace is an industry leader in consulting to businesses, supporting neurodiverse individuals, and driving the mission of making neurodiversity an integral part of the modern workforce. The Career Consultant will be responsible for providing individual and group consulting to professional employees and job seekers participating in NITW services to optimize their workplace success. The primary duties of this position are to share information and best practices, and to advocate in professional settings to support and improve neurodivergent professionals’ performance and/or comfort and stability in their job. The Career Consultant will further NITW’s goals and strategy by empowering neurodivergent employees and providing reasonable support to partners and customers. The Career Consultant will be responsible for accurately documenting their work and providing sufficient information and reports to internal and external stakeholders.
The position responsibilities (after training and onboarding) include but are not limited to:
- Provide individual and group career consulting services for adults who identify with the neurotype of autism, ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, or another neurodivergence;
- Maintain a caseload of up to 35 employees, meeting with each individual on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis depending upon individual needs;
- Assist employees with the development of critical professional skills, including but not limited to: time management, workplace communication, organization and prioritization, executive functioning, managing stress and anxiety, work-life balance;
- Troubleshoot day-to-day issues and provide effective crisis intervention; escalate crises and other urgent matters to supervisor as needed;
- Maintain regular communication with each employee’s manager(s) to share observations, receive feedback on employee performance, and troubleshoot challenges;
- Provide feedback to managers on effective communication and management practices in an effort to support employee performance;
- Provide company inclusion trainings to managers and other company stakeholders on the topic of supporting a neurodiverse workplace;
- Assist employees and companies with identifying and implementing needed workplace adjustments and accommodations;
- Communicate with family members, external service providers, VR counselors, etc. on an as-needed basis;
- Assist employee with accessing company resources (e.g., employee resource groups, employee assistance programs); refer employees to external services such as mental health counseling;
- Ensure employees’ social integration and connection in the workplace; create social opportunities for and facilitate community among employees;
- Maintain records of services and complete required documentation in a timely manner;
- Attend regular meetings with supervisor and other NITW team members.
- Experience in a coaching, mentoring, or tutoring role.
- Experience in disability-related service or advocacy a plus.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate with clients for a large portion of the day.
- Excellent note-taking and reporting ability.
- Combination of remote and in-office.
- Must be able to work on a computer for eight hours per day.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally with partners and participants based on their preferred method of communication.
Please note: As advocates for a more inclusive workforce, Neurodiversity in the WorkplaceTM is happy to make reasonable accommodations necessary for the hiring and long term support of any potential employee. Accommodations such as independent interview prep from an outside organization, interview questions in advance, or job coach participation will be happily provided for any relevant candidates. Neurodivergent individuals are encouraged to apply! Neurodiversity in the WorkplaceTM is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply today by submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO).